*** COVID-19 UPDATE ***
Extract of Minutes of on-line Committee Meeting – Thursday 9th April
The purpose of the meeting was to make decisions about how we would operate during the period where we are impacted by Covid 19, ensuring that we comply with Government Guidelines related to the safety and wellbeing of our members.
The following were the key decisions made by the committee.
- Monthly Demonstration meetings are to be cancelled for the foreseeable future and until we can safely restart large group meetings.
- By a majority vote the 2020 Annual Exhibition is to be cancelled due to the inability to carry out effective planning in the current environment and the uncertainty surrounding the length of time we will be faced with restrictions.
- Things we could offer our members in place of the Demo Meetings:Mike included a link to a free on line demo as part of his Chairman’s Letter. It was suggested that this could also be included on our Web site
- It was also suggested that we could invite members to submit any painting they have completed during the lockdown for inclusion on our website. Please view these through the link below & use the contact page to request submission details. http://lockdownart.highcliffe-art.info
- Please also look at the Courses, workshops and activities page for online events and courses.
*** COVID-19 UPDATE ***
The club has 150 members. Most members are painters themselves, others have an interest in art. Members pay just £20.00 per year (January to December), for which they may attend all the meetings and may also exhibit at the annual exhibition.
Members may borrow DVDs and a selection of books.
Except in special circumstances, members are required to attend a minimum of 4 meetings per year.
Members are encouraged to help in the running of the club.
If you’re interested in joining, please click on Join Us on the left.
MEETINGS – currently suspended due to COVID-19 situation
The meetings usually feature a demonstration by a professional artist. The programme of speakers is carefully planned to ensure a wide variety of subjects, styles and media. For details of this year’s programme, refer to UPCOMING EVENTS on the left hand side.
The demonstrations are video recorded and shown instantaneously onto a large screen TV. A radio microphone is used and the hall has a loop system to assist those with hearing aids. With the permission of the demonstrator, the recordings are usually subsequently edited onto DVDs which may be borrowed by members.
The interval tea break enables members and visitors to socialise and chat with the demonstrator.
Visitors are always welcome for £3.00 per visit.
The Committee are all volunteers. If you would like to contact any of them, please select Contact on the left.
PARKING – Please refer to map on New members page
The best parking for the Methodist Church Hall is to be found behind the Co-Operative store on Lymington Road. The main entrance is accessed via Wortley Road. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Hall, either along Wortley Road or along Lymington Road.
Parking on Wortley Road itself is for one hour only.